Please set your featured image
Human Resources Manager for Oxford Gene Technology
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world-class genetics research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions.
Founded by Professor Sir Edwin Southern, OGT has helped pioneer the molecular medicine revolution by enabling smarter decision making in human healthcare. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, OGT has a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
The Group’s CytoSure™, Cytocell® and SureSeq™ range of microarray, FISH and next generation sequencing products deliver high-quality, high-throughput genetic analysis, enabling accurate identification of the causative variation underlying genetic disease.
OGT is a rapidly growing company with state-of-the-art facilities and over 100 employees based at our head-office in Begbroke, Oxfordshire, or at our Cytocell office in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. OGT was acquired by Sysmex Corporation in 2017, a highly successful company, currently ranked in the top 10 global in‐vitro diagnostic companies.
We are currently looking to recruit a full-time ‘hands on’ HR Manager to join our team at our Oxford offices. The successful applicant will take full responsibility for the Human Resource function and report directly into the Chief Financial Officer. The HR Manager will have one direct report.
- Recruiting and staffing;
- Organisational departmental planning;
- Performance management and improvement systems;
- Organisational development;
- Employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees;
- Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
- Employee relations;
- Company employee and community communication;
- Compensation and benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- Reviewing company directory and other organisational charts
- Developing the HR strategy for the organisation
- Responsible for the management and implementation of HR projects
- Keeping senior management updated on progress relating to HR projects, strategy and implementation
- Developing and implementing HR policy and best practice guides for the organisation
Skills and Experience:
- CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Organisational planning
- Recruitment and organisational development
- Employee relations
- Employee engagement
- Talent management
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships and influence senior stakeholders
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills combined with strong commercial acumen are essential
- A hands-on, ‘can do’ approach
- Able to take the initiative, especially when troubleshooting problems
- Highly organised
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
You will be based primarily at our Head Office which is located at:
Begbroke Science & Business Park, Begbroke Hill, Woodstock Road, Begbroke OX5 1PF
There will also be travel to Cambridge required for the role so being able to drive is essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter to HR@ogt.com, marked for the attention of Anita Medway.
Closing Date: 25th January 2019