Please set your featured image
WheelRight: Off vehicle tyre pressure and tread depth system
Join the software team building innovation for a global network.
The global vehicle fleet runs on over 5 billion tyres. Their maintenance is critical to safety and fuel efficiency. Yet drivers have to rely on manual inspection for tread depth; the simple gauge for pressure. Automation is absent.
WheelRight’s existing integrated system, measures tyre pressure on a moving vehicle, without sensors on the tyre or vehicle and 360 degree tread depth using machine vision. Automating the process for checking the road worthiness of a vehicles tyres; “drive through tyre check” beckons for the private motorist, bus and logistics fleet operators world-wide. WheelRight are currently working with companies throughout the UK and America, where our system is used by 1,000’s of cars and HGV’s each week.
With significant private equity funding WheelRight is expanding its existing software team to continue to develop a robust web platform to deliver benefits in many areas:
• Reporting vehicle results to customers vie periodic or event driven reports.
• Provide customers with a live viewing capability to get the latest results from their site.
• Allow simple configuration of the WheelRight instrumentation on each site from any browser.
• Provide a status monitoring capability to identify any issues on-site before the results are affected.
WheelRight is working with a number of global tyre, fuel forecourt and fleet operators to roll-out the technology to multiple sites across the world.
Software is integrated with WheelRight’s unique sensors and hardware system to provide a complete end-to-end solution. Including pressure sensors, weight sensors, vehicle identification technologies and advanced vision data capture. All of this data must then be processed by cloud-based services to provide effective insights for customers and WheelRight staff alike. World class engineering and software combined to solve a very difficult problem; tyre pressure and tread depth measurement without stopping the vehicle or placing sensors on the vehicle, a unique solution.
The company has grown from a technical team of 4 to over 20 FTE, attracted investment exceeding £4m to fund development and sales growth. Come join a fast growing team, building unique technology with a global application for millions of drivers.
This role is to design and develop code for the WheelRight web platform to support current and future requirements. The role will include designing solutions to problems and implementing them across both server-side and client-side code.
There will be the opportunity to utilise the latest technologies and come up with innovative solutions to fulfil new market opportunities.
As part of the team it will be possible to contribute to the way in which software is developed and tested at WheelRight and develop skills in new areas.
The applicant should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor degree preferably grade 2:1 or better in Computer science, a similar subject or an equivalent level of commercial experience
• Development experience with JQuery
• Experience of developing websites with compatibility across multiple browsers
• Experience of unit testing developed websites for both client and server-side code
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
• NoSQL databases (Mongo etc.)
• Cloud deployment environments, particularly Azure
• Working to coding standards
• Agile development methodologies
• SQL databases (particularly SQL Server)
• Use of version control software (SVN, GIT, etc)
• HTTPS / TLS experience • C# development for WebApi and/or MVC
The applicant should be able to:
• Show good written and verbal communication skills
• Engage in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Participate in group discussion sessions relating to development processes and design choices
• Integrate effectively with a talented multi-disciplinary team of like-minded people
• Be ambitious and passionate about what you do
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to be productive without direct supervision
Working hours: 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary range: The salary range for this position is up to £40K per annum depending on experience
Holiday entitlement: 25 days + national holidays
WheelRight Ltd are based at the Oxford University Begbroke Science Park just north of Oxford which has an onsite canteen and free bus service from Oxford centre.
Applicants requiring work permit sponsorship will not be considered