Please set your featured image
Software Engineer – C#/.NET/Java Script for WheelRight
WheelRight: Off vehicle tyre pressure and tread depth system
Join the software team building innovation for a global network.
The global vehicle fleet runs on over 5 billion tyres. Their maintenance is critical to safety and fuel efficiency. Yet drivers have to rely on manual inspection for tread depth; the simple gauge for pressure. Automation is absent.
WheelRight’s existing integrated system, measures tyre pressure on a moving vehicle, without sensors on the tyre or vehicle and 360 degree tread depth using machine vision. Automating the process for checking the road worthiness of a vehicles tyres; “drive through tyre check” beckons for the private motorist, bus and logistics fleet operators world-wide. WheelRight are currently working with companies throughout the UK and America, where our system is used by 1,000’s of cars and HGV’s each week.
With significant private equity funding WheelRight is expanding its existing software team to;
• Build the software infrastructure backbone to enable a global roll-out of installations.
• Refine and develop sophisticated algorithms employing high level mathematics.
• Develop and integrate advanced machine vision techniques for next generation services.
• Create “big data” data bases for tyre information gathered from 100’s to 1,000’s of sites worldwide.
WheelRight is working with a number of global tyre, fuel forecourt and fleet operators to roll-out the technology to multiple sites across the world.
Software is integrated with WheelRight’s unique sensors and hardware system to provide a complete end-to-end solution. Including pressure sensors, weight sensors, vehicle identification technologies and advanced vision data capture. We offer software engineers opportunities to work at the interface of hardware and software, pure software application development, implementing advanced mathematics and algorithm development. World class engineering and software combined to solve a very difficult problem; tyre pressure and tread depth measurement without stopping the vehicle or placing sensors on the vehicle, a unique solution.
This role is to design and develop code for WheelRight products across Windows applications, cloud services and web applications. This will include live production code for different products as well as internal tools to support our testing and continuous integration strategy. There will be the opportunity to utilise the latest technologies, investigate and resolve challenging technical problems and come up with innovative solutions to fulfil new market opportunities. As part of the software team you will be expected to contribute to the ongoing improvement of our software development platform and build skills in new areas.
The applicant should meet the following requirements:
• Masters or Bachelor degree preferably grade 2:1 or better in Computer science, Mathematics, a similar subject or an equivalent level of commercial experience
• Development experience of Object Oriented Design
• Experience of developing applications for Windows platforms
• High level of numeracy
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
• Commercial software development
• Full Software development life cycle
• Unit testing frameworks
• Use of version control software (SVN, GIT, etc.)
• SQL (particularly SQL Server) or NoSQL (MongoDb, CouchDb, etc.) databases
• Working to coding standards
• Test Driven Development
• Agile development methodology
• Statistical data processing
• Image processing or graphics development
• Other programming and/or scripting languages (python, java, C++)
The applicant should be able to:
• Show good written and verbal communication skills
• Engage in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Contribute to technically demanding projects
• Integrate effectively with a talented multi-disciplinary team of like-minded people
• Be ambitious and passionate about what you do.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to be productive without direct supervision
Working hours: 7.5 hours per day, start by 9.30am, Monday to Friday
Salary range: We are looking for talented people and will match salaries accordingly
Holiday entitlement: 25 days + national holidays
WheelRight Ltd are based at the Oxford University Begbroke Science Park just north of Oxford, which has an onsite canteen and free bus service from Oxford centre.
Applicants requiring work permit sponsorship will not be considered.