Please set your featured image
Test Automation Engineer for WheelRight
WheelRight: Off vehicle tyre pressure and tread depth system
Join the software team building innovation for a global network.
The global vehicle fleet runs on over 5 billion tyres. Their maintenance is critical to safety and fuel efficiency. Yet drivers have to rely on manual inspection for tread depth; the simple gauge for pressure. Automation is absent.
WheelRight’s existing integrated system, measures tyre pressure on a moving vehicle, without sensors on the tyre or vehicle and 360 degree tread depth using machine vision. Automating the process for checking the road worthiness of a vehicles tyres; “drive through tyre check” beckons for the private motorist, bus and logistics fleet operators world-wide. WheelRight are currently working with companies throughout the UK and America, where our system is used by 1,000’s of cars and HGV’s each week.
With significant private equity funding WheelRight is expanding its existing software team to;
- Build the software infrastructure backbone to enable a global roll-out of
- Refine and develop sophisticated algorithms employing high level
- Develop and integrate advanced machine vision techniques for next generation
- Create “big data” data bases for tyre information gathered from 100’s to 1,000’s of sites worldwide.
WheelRight is working with a number of global tyre, fuel forecourt and fleet operators to roll-out the technology to multiple sites across the world.
Software is integrated with WheelRight’s unique sensors and hardware system to provide a complete end-to-end solution. Including pressure sensors, weight sensors, vehicle identification technologies and advanced vision data capture. All of this data must then be processed by cloud-based services to provide effective insights for customers and WheelRight staff alike. World class engineering and software combined to solve a very difficult problem; tyre pressure and tread depth measurement without stopping the vehicle or placing sensors on the vehicle, a unique solution.
The company has grown from a technical team of 4 to over 20 FTE, attracted investment exceeding £4m to fund development and sales growth. Come join a fast growing team, building unique technology with a global application for millions of drivers.
This role is to build on the existing scripted testing approach to deliver a platform to test software components across the whole range of production software platforms including Windows services, Windows desktop applications, web services (both local and cloud-based) and web applications (both local and cloud-based). This will involve analysing requirements for all new development work and assessing the extent to which the tests can be automated and the best way to implement them.
The Test Automation Engineer will also be expected to define required test procedures (policy, strategy etc.) as well as undertake manual testing where automation is not the appropriate way forward.
A further part of this role will be analysis of specific customer data and reprocessing it as necessary to understand the reasons behind invalid results.
This is a key position within the software development team with the opportunity to influence how software is developed and tested at WheelRight, developing skills, using the latest technologies and coming up with innovative solutions to deliver value throughout the development cycle.
The applicant should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree preferably grade 2:1 or better in Computer science, Mathematics, a scientific subject or an equivalent level of commercial experience
- Commercial experience testing web applications
- Experience defining a test strategy for complex software
- Experience automating test steps
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- High level of computer literacy – able to use a diverse range of different software tools depending on the needs at hand
- Good verbal and written communication skills – able to document processes and results accurately
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Writing test cases and test plans
- Analysis of requirements to assess testability of new features
- Analysis of developer tests to identify missing cases
- Experience with data analysis, either with SQL Databases, spreadsheets or via scripting languages (python, R )
- Unit testing frameworks
- SQL databases
- Agile development methodologies
- Use of version control software (SVN, GIT, etc)
- Release processes
The applicant should be able to:
- Engage in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Contribute to technically demanding projects
- Participate in group discussion sessions relating to development processes and design choices
- Integrate effectively with a talented multi-disciplinary team of like-minded people
- Be ambitious and passionate about what you do.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to be productive without direct supervision
Working hours: 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary range: The salary range for this position is up to £35K per annum depending on experience Holiday entitlement: 25 days + national holidays
WheelRight Ltd are based at the Oxford University Begbroke Science Park just north of Oxford. Applicants requiring work permit sponsorship will not be considered